Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter projects


What are your winter projects? Every year I will tell myself repeatedly, "Don't worry about 'that', save it for a winter project." Well, winter is here. Snow is drifting, cars are sliding in ditches, I have a deer in the freezer, I've hung the Christmas lights outside, and Christmas shopping is nearly done.

So what are my winter projects?

I want to put the finishing touches on two children's books that I've partway written. Don't misunderstand, no one wants to publish these books, they're just ideas that I'm working on that I'll eventually send off to publishers so I can be ignored by them. But in the meantime I will have stories I wrote for the grandkids. The titles are "Under Pawpaw's Fountain" and "The Goodbye Book."

A second winter project is a collection of projects that center around my 1975 naked Goldwing. I need to change the belts, the brake fluid, and the fork oil. I don't know how to do these things but that's part of the reason I have a motorcycle, to learn about motorcycles.

I was in the garage this morning and observed that it was extremely cold out there. Maybe I'll do the children's books first.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could add a few things to your list if you run out. :-)

mkhughes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home