Thursday, December 01, 2005

I say, "no" to sissy mugs


Can a guy drink his coffee out of a sissy mug? Recently all of the mugs that I generally use were dirty and I wanted some coffee. I went to the cupboard and looked and looked but the cupboard was bare and devoid of manly mugs. Oh, there were 89 mugs with lacey designs, birds, flowers, kittens and "World's Best Mom" but there were were no masculine mugs.

I decided against coffee. My wife (the world's best mom) asked why I wasn't having coffee. I told her that the only mugs we had in the cupboard were sissy mugs. She looked at me like I was insane, although she later admitted that when she has a hot beverage her favorite mug is always the Santa Claus mug whether it's the Christmas season or not. My son, TRH, said that he would drink out of any of the mugs but his first choice would be his Starbucks mug and if it wasn't available he had other prefered mugs that I would describe as manly mugs.

Are there guys who like drinking out of sissy mugs? I hope not. My preferences are as follows:
the Harley Davidson mug
the Gatorland Zoo mug (the film site of the Indiana Jones alligator scenes)
the black labrador mug (an honorary mention since I broke it last week)
the mug that depicts a dark cloud with Jesus on the cross but when you pour hot water in it the cloud disappears and reveals an empty tomb. (I like making Jesus rise from the grave)
and finally, the two question mark "Evangelism Explosion" mug (it's an odd shape)
if I can't have a manly mug I'll choose another beverage or if I'm desperate, yes I'll wash the Harley mug but I won't drink out of a sissy mug.
Predictable maybe, but true.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

you forgot brushed steel. I'll dring sludge if it is in some kind of brushed steel container.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger TWH said...

I haven't been able to find the brushed steel mug for a long time. Do you know anything about that Tyler?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home