Wednesday, December 03, 2008

paying attention to children



























Set no agenda. Have no expectation. Set no boundaries except what common sense would dictate. Let everything else go...and just pay attention to children. Listen carefully to each word and try to answer their questions. Listen to their observations. Look into their faces and eyes. Let yourself go into their world.
If you can do that, it seems to me that those moments will be healing, cleansing, refreshing, and richly rewarding. It is sheer joy to hear their little voices ask, "Pawpaw, will you play with me?"

5 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those children are adorable and very humerous too! Take the fairy princess for instance. So pretty, so sweet, so adorable she'll come stealing into your heart...and then she'll zap you with her fairy wand and turn you into a wolf!
(heard while observing this sweet child)
mkhughes

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Tyler said...

a ninja w/ an Egyptian sword...great costume.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Jonathan H said...

These are great. Thanks for the reminder. And yes, the little fairy princess has turned many people into a wolf.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Breauna said...

Kids really do appreciate it if you take the time to get down on thier level. I do this at work at the Preschool and I always have kids mobbing me. "Miss Bweauna, will you play with me, Miss Bweauna can you read to me." (They cannot say thier "r"s):)It makes me feel special too.

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim!

Lyndsay encouraged me to go onto your blog to see the picture of Avery asleep on Jon's lap at Thanksgiving. How PRECIOUS!

Love your pictures and comments. Aren't our Grandchildren just THE BEST?

Enjoy them at Christmas! I SURE DID!

Merry Christmas and God Bless,

Shirley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home