Tuesday, December 06, 2011

My December Greeting


I am aware that many have switched over to Happy Holidays in December out of a desire to be politically correct or sensitive to others.
However, I got to thinking...

I doubt if Christians have a problem with Christ, that accounts for 2.1 billion people
worldwide.
  • I doubt if Muslims have a problem with Christ since they consider him to be virgin born and sinless; add another 1.5 billion.

  • I doubt if Hindus have a problem with Christ since Ghandi thought a lot of Jesus and Hindus believe that we are all gods anyway. Some Hindus pray to Jesus along with other gods; so that accounts for another billion people.

  • Buddhists don't have much to say about Jesus but the Buddhist I used to live by decorated his house for Christmas and Buddhists are supposed to eliminate all desire from their life so I don't think they would have a preference one way or the other about Jesus. That's another 400 million people.

  • The numbers are stacking up here.

  • There are people in animistic and folk religions in remote parts of the earth but they probably don't have the internet yet.

  • So I'm going to go out on a limb and say what I love to say in December;
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's ok as long as you're ok with my "Happy Hanukkah" in return

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger TWH said...

Hey Anonymous. Sorry I didn't see your comment earlier. I have no problem with you wishing me a Happy Hanukkah. It seems to be a greeting of good will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home