Friday, March 29, 2013

my favorite motorcycle tool is a lift

You know how it goes.  You lay down on the concrete and begin to work on a motorcycle related project.  Pictured is my Honda GL1000.  You need another tool so you get up and go get it.  While you're up you get a big piece of cardboard for padding instead of just lying on the cold hard concrete.   Then you need a rag, so you get up and get the rag.  You get back down on the cardboard.  Now things are really getting messy so you think maybe you should put on some latex gloves.  You get up to get the gloves.  Multiply this year after year, project after project, and it takes a toll. 
The older I got the more I realized, I need a lift.  I've saved up the money to buy one a couple of times but finally this year I took the plunge.  I went to the Motorcycle Expo in Indianapolis again, and looked at all the same booths again, and gave into this growing, relentless temptation.  No it isn't a necessity, yes it is a little extravagant.  It can be hard to justify a purchase like this when there are so many other pressing things like starving children. 
But here it sits in my shop.  Yes, it is nice.  Yes it was a good price and had a few extras thrown in.  Yes it saves my knees and back and various other parts of my body. 
This is what keeps me going longer in the shop.  This lift is my new favorite tool.  This is what precludes an amazing amount of frustration and aggravation because it is so much easier to work on the bike. 
My motto is: "use things and love people".  Using this "thing" helps me keep my cool longer and ultimately helps me a tiny bit in loving people.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Dry Guy Waterproofing said...

nice article, and pictures.

www.dryguywaterproofing.com

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Dry Guy Waterproofing said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home