Tuesday, October 10, 2006

making a run at Fall

The middle of October is coming fast...lots to do.

Finish up a really great study of a book by Bob Russell "When God Builds A Church." In my opinion it is better in many ways than "The Purpose Driven Life" although admittedly the books have a different focus. This book makes a great study for the whole faith community in sermons, reading the book and Home Groups.

Visit AMH in Ohio. Would he be interested in going to see "FallingWater" the Frank Lloyd Wright home in southwestern Pennsylvania?

Plant bulbs in flower beds so there will be a nice display in the spring.
41 tulips
12 Allium
8 Narcissus

Get the "war room" ready for deer hunting. The "war room" is just a stockpiling of camo, bow, arrows, calls, knives, license, boots, safety harness, binoculars, backpack, and other items of interest and usefulness. The bow season stated Oct. 1 but where I hunt the crops are still in the field so the deer have not been forced into the woods yet. SW has already shot and killed a doe and a nice 8 point buck. KS from Streator has already emailed me a pic of his opening day harvest. I'm feeling no pressure but the time will soon come. Everything is safe right now unless it's a nice 8 or better.

Football to watch. My two favorite teams, the Bears and the Colts are the only teams still undefeated.

There's a lot to do before snow flies.

5 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Jonathan H said...

Go Bears!!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

we had snow this morning. Time's up!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Fall is definitely my favorite season of the year. Everything starts changing, and the weather is just the perfectly comfortable temperature for wearing jeans and a jacket...

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger TWH said...

These comments crack me up.

Tyler- I'm glad it was you that had snow and not us here in sunny Indy. So as usual I'm running behind and not getting things done. I hope I have the bulbs in at least before the end of November.

Jason- You always were a jacket person weren't you? I like jackets too but then growing up in Wisconsin that was a way of life for you wasn't it?

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

i like jackets b/c off all the extra pockets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home