Wednesday, July 18, 2007

who will die?

Two important characters will die in the new Harry Potter book. Who are they? Hermione? Longbottom? Harry? He-who-must-not-be-named? Voldedork? Malfoy? Ron?

I think it would be interesting if Harry and V died. That would certainly end the series. If the author doesn't want anyone else picking up the characters that would be the way to do it. Hermione is a good candidate for death, she would make a good sacrificial lamb and evoke a lot of sympathy. So, Hermoine and Harry is a possibility. From what the author has said it would seem that Harry has to die so I choose Hermione to go with him. I see Longbottom emerging as a hero of sorts in this book, the real prince, as it were.

I can't see any of the evil people dying except maybe V himself. V and Longbottom or V and Hermoine and Ron.

So here's my guess. Harry and Hermione dying, V shriveling to non-existence because of the death of Harry, and Longbottom emerging in some important way.

4 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Jonathan H said...

Has Rowling explicitly stated that there someone will die in the coming book.

By the way, I am very upset, because when my copy of the seventh book arrives on my doorstep on the 21st, we will be house hunting in Carbondale.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Jonathan H said...

Ah, stupid typo in my first comment. Blogger really needs to add an editing function to the commenting mechanic.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I think you're right about Longbottom playing a bigger role, especially with previous mention of his connection with the prophecy. It would be interesting to know whom Rowling considers her main characters when she makes comments about two main characters dying, although I guess that would be giving too much away.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger TWH said...

She did "let it slip" that two characters would die but that was some time ago. She may have changed her mind, or she may have done that to throw people off, or it may have been a publicity stunt.

I haven't gone to any of the web sites that have illegally published pirated copies of certain pages. I don't want to know how it ends until I read it for myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home