Thursday, October 19, 2006

Fallingwater


This is the most famous private residence in the world.

This house was on an MSN list of the 12 structures in the world that would change the way you look at life. It was the only structure from the United States on the list. Other structures around the world included the Taj Mahal.

This house has had almost 3 million visitors since it opened to the public in 1963.

MKH and I decided to go visit AMH in Eastern Ohio and since this house was only an additional three hours away we all decided to go see it.

Maybe it was partly the spectacular fall color on all the mountains in the drive to Fallingwater. Maybe it was the television shows I'd seen and the articles I read about Fallingwater. Maybe it was just because I am fond of some aspects of Frank Lloyd Wright's work. I'm not sure what it was but this is an amazing house. If you are even mildly interested in architecture and if you love nature I would recommend a visit to Falling Water. It may not change your life but I've never seen anything quite like it.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Jason said...

That picture alone makes it look absolutely beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home