Tuesday, July 24, 2007

page 489

I woke up Friday night...no actually Saturday morning at 12:30 a.m. in my chair with a book on my chest. I had been reading and fell asleep as usual. Since Kroger was having a 40% off sale on the latest Harry Potter book starting at 12:01 Saturday morning, and since we live close to three Kroger stores I decided to go get the book.

So I'm on page 489. It's a pretty exciting part. Someone has just been buried. I want to read more but I'm at the office now so I'll have to wait til lunch.

I like the book. I like the story. Here's my complaint. I don't like the practical atheism that I see in this book that I didn't see in the others. Scripture is quoted but not referenced as scripture, God's name is used but they're not really referring to God--at least I don't think they are i.e. "Thank God you're alright."

A double header softball games tonight for me so I probably won't finish it today but after making it through a rather slow section the story is starting to get intense. In fact I think the scar on my arm is hurting.

2 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Jonathan H said...

I finished last night. Looking forward to hearing your response to the end.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I finished it on Sunday evening after spending all Sat. and Sun. afternoon reading it. Now Melissa has it and I'm anxious to discuss it with her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home