Sunday, March 23, 2008

vegan from toe to ankle


When you live long enough to be an old man your feet hurt, so you're always looking for a better shoe. So I bought a reverse incline "Earth" shoe yesterday. The company motto is: "Different. Like You."

They have no idea.

The box my shoes came in also had the word "vegan" printed on it. I asked the salesman what that meant. (I thought I knew what a vegan is but I didn't see the shoe connection). He said, "That shoe is made without any animal products or by-products; that's important for some of my customers." Hey, if the shoe will keep my feet from hurting I'm all for it.

When I got home from my animal respecting shopping experience I saw a long anticipated package waiting on my doorstep. Inside was my Russian style hat made from a beaver pelt I had tanned and made into a glorious headpiece. I'm wearing it, even now, as I type.

There is a sort of odd balance and counterbalance in my personal existence.

8 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After the guy explained how important animal kindness is did you show him your hunting bow? You could explain how sometimes... they don't even feel it.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger TWH said...

Truthfully, I'm taking the vegan shoes back. They don't fit quite right. Or maybe my body rejected them.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Jason said...

You and grandpa can be twins now with your fur hats. But that would mean you would have to wear it everywhere and in every temperature.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger we are reilly said...

LOVED the post! Found your blog through Tyler -- he's a friend from church. He doesn't really like my blog -- too many pictures of my daughter --- THAT must be why he didn't vote for me in his 'favorites of 2207', huh?

I was cracking up at your photo -- LOVED it! Too bad the vegan shoes don't fit -- it's a great story!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Jonathan H said...

That is hilarious. I love the leather jacket effect in the photo.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger TWH said...

we are reilly--Thanks for visiting. I stopped by your blog and saw "all those pictures of your daughter." She's adorable. I can see why you post them. I'll bet the grandparents love it.

jonathan h--You're going to post more pictures of the grandkids after May right?

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Jonathan H said...

TWH, yes, I intend to blog more after May and with that will come more pics of the kids. I have been writing so much over the last few months, that I haven't had the desire to do much outside writing, but I will soon welcome the chance to write recreationally.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, Tim, it's kind of strange actually seeing hair on top your head. :)

Love the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home