Monday, October 15, 2007

a week at memaw and papaw's






When the grandkids come for a visit we have a full schedule. Aside from the usual naps, cartoons, feedings and stroller rides there are plenty of other exciting things to do. The visit would not be complete without a trip to the Children's Museum, the park, McDonalds, games at Chuck E. Cheese and the new attraction....fishing.

I find that watching my grandchildren play is very relaxing. The water table and sand table at the Children's Museum is very popular and I can watch them in their complete absorption indefinitely. They pour sand from one bucket or sieve or cup to another for a half hour or longer and I can tirelessly watch them do it. For one thing they are so cute, for another thing I have cleared my schedule so I have nothing else to do but devote my time to them.

The fishing was fun. The Princess is too young to fish but Little Z would get excited and forget to reel the fish in. He also at times got very distracted with the ducks who apparently thought there was food in this activity for them. They did eventually get the leftover bait. Once he had the fish landed he was a little startled with all the flopping about. He was always quite happy to see the fish released. Later the thing he talked about the most was that the fish swallowed the hook. I guess that is pretty dramatic.

Now that the grandkids are gone...what to do? Nap, enjoy the quiet, and go back to Chuck E. Cheese to play skee ball. I'm sure I can improve my score.

5 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Man they are lookin pretty big now. I'm pretty impressed that Z got something out of that pond

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Lucas said...

I'll go play skee ball with you TWH. I never out grow that game.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Those are great pics! Fishing is one of those activities that every little boy has to experience.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Lucas said...

I really don't see how this is different than usual. Isn't this what you and MH do when adam and tyler come to visit? I know how my roommate loves the water table.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger TWH said...

Lucas, I can assure you that the only water table our kids ever saw growing up was if someone tipped over their glass at the supper table.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home