Wednesday, October 03, 2007

most beautiful town we've visited




Niagara-On-The-Lake is an amazing little jewel of a village that a lot of people have never heard of or visited. It is located in Canada, a short drive from Niagara Falls. It is on Lake Ontario and has some nice restaurants and shops. I've included a few pictures. There may be some other little towns that are more beautiful, but if there are, I haven't visited them.

The way I figure it, if you're going to be somewhere, you might as well be someplace beautiful.

The same goes for your own yard, patio, windowsill or front door. If you can make it beautiful, especially if you can do so without huge expense, why not go for it.

Granted some of this Niagara-on-the -Lake type of beauty may not be your style and I understand that. Some like a sleek modern look with lots of glass, metal, concrete. Fine, go for it but for your own mental health do it well.

It is much better to come home to something that looks cool that an ugly grape juice stain on the rug, water stains on the ceiling and holes in the drywall. Beauty can be downright inspiring or calming or energizing.

Okay, that's enough of the travelogue, HGTV style post. Have I mentioned my grandkids lately? Little Z and the Princess will be coming for a visit this Sunday and we're going to have them for a week. I decided I'd better do my blogging now because the little geniuses are going to keep MKH and me busy next week.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on the beauty part. I find beautiful things both restful and calming. Anything that is a jumble, at first glance, drives me crazy. Anything that I have to look at a long time to make sense of makes me really nervous. That goes for clutter and over-decoration. Not everyone feels this way, I know.

The best part of beautiful things is if I can have a hand in the creation of it. That really brings me joy.

mkhughes

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Tyler said...

how about take some photos of those grandkids and share them since J & L seem to fail at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home